Instructions to set up college email account.
YOU SHOULD ALSO READ OUR INTERNET ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AS PART OF THIS PROCESS.
Accessing your school email:
- On the device you wish to use open a web browser (chrome,safari etc)
- In the address bar type in outlook.office.com
The following screen will open:
- Your school email address is in the format: Firstname.email@example.com
- Where 20 is the year you started in Good Counsel College.
- For a student called John Doe in 1st year his address would be firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter this and click next.
Password for initial use is: Password01
(capital P and number 01)
Enter this and click ‘sign in’
At this point you will be asked to change your password.
Enter Password01 in ‘Current password’ and your ‘new password’ in the next two lines. It must contain a capital and
lowercase letter, a number and a symbol such as !#@
It should now login
The first time you use it you will be asked to set language and time zone.
At this point you should be into your email.
This email can be used for any school related activity including communicating with staff and receiving work from staff.