Parent Teacher Meetings 23/24
Click on the relevant year group tab below to access further information about your son’s upcoming Parent Teacher Meeting.
1st Year Students
Date: Thursday January 18th 2024
Time: 16:15pm to 18:45pm.
Venue: School Sports Hall
Your son should attend this meeting with you.
Reports will be available on VSWARE from 4pm on Monday, January 15th.
Guidelines for Parent-Teacher Meetings
Welcome to the Parent Teacher meeting for your son. We hope that you find the time spent with each teacher a useful experience in adding to your information as to how your child is progressing in our school. You will have access to your son’s school report on VSware.
Please remember that you can contact any individual subject teacher or Year Head through our office to make an appointment to discuss an issue of concern.
Your child’s class tutor and year head have a special role in taking care of your child while they are in our school and may be of assistance where the issue is not related to a specific subject. We also have career guidance and counselling staff available to meet you by appointment.
Due to the brief time available for each parent and teacher to talk about each student, we ask you to observe the following guidelines for the duration of the parent-teacher meeting.
- Please bring any helpful documentation with you: list of the relevant teachers’ names and subjects, student journal, recent report, etc. (some of which will be provided in advance of the day)
- Check you are in the correct line before queuing to see a teacher. Some of our staff members share the same surname, so it will be useful to know if it is Ms X the science teacher or Ms X the Spanish teacher. Students and staff members will be happy to help if you have any questions.
- When you meet the teacher, please introduce yourself and state the name and class of your son. Teachers can sometimes find it hard to remember a face on such occasions, even if they have met you before.
- Because of the number of people present at parent-teacher meetings, conversations may not be very private. If an issue arises that you would prefer to discuss privately, please inform the teacher and arrange an appointment for a later date.
- If a teacher is finishing the meeting and you feel you have more to discuss, ask for additional time. If this is not possible, the teacher will suggest you make an appointment for a later date.
Download a PDF verison of the Seating Plan here.