Click on the link to watch our video:
It’s OK not to feel OK!
Our TY and Prefect led programme to promote positive mental health kicked off in January with our Head Prefect, Garret Browne, presenting the outlines of our plan at the Cycle Against Suicide Forum.
The activities and plans to date include:
- A visit to the school by Ms Elma Walsh, organised by Ms Bolger, where she spoke to an enthralled third and sixth year group of nearly 300 hundred boys about the value of life and the importance of talking to any person who will listen should you have any worries. Elma was accompanied by over 100 students from Tralee, Co Kerry who competed in a mixed school soccer tournament. Huge thanks to Elma for telling Donal’s story and spreading his wish. More information can be found at http://donalwalshlivelife.org/
- A ‘Happy Wall’ in our Pastoral Care Centre where students can leave messages and thoughts.
- A Spinathon in Tesco New Ross from 9am to 9pm on Friday and Saturday March 20th and 21st.
- Over 300 Students taking part in Cycle Against Suicide on Friday March 27th. www.cycleagainstsuicide.com
- A talk to our staff by Dr Fergus Heffernan on stress management and positive mental health on March 16th. http://rdconsult.ie/
- Humourfit will perform plays to all 800 students in the school on areas of Bullying, Mental Health and Substance Misuse. www.humourfit.ie
More info and updates to follow as we confirm more events. Thank you to all of those teachers and students involved.