Careers Night 2018
DATE: Monday, February 26th
VENUE: Sports Hall
7:00 – 7:30 Opening: Matthew O Hanlon – Past Pupil & Wexford Senior Hurling Captain.
7:30 – 9:00 Visit to individual career
Download the event brochure here.
Aim of the night
- Provide students/parents with first-hand information about careers of interest.
- Provide students/parents with opportunities to discuss various access routes to chosen careers with people actively working/studying in those areas.
- Encourage students to consider a number of career options.
- The night will be structured as follows:.
- Matthew will focus on study, target setting, physical and mental wellbeing along with the importance of study/life balance.
- Each facilitator will have an assigned table where you can sit and chat with them about their career. Some areas of focus are identified below.
- Areas of Focus
- What the profession/trade/business currently entails and the opportunities it presents.
- The challenges faced in the profession/trade/business.
- The access route to this career option and alternative routes to the same career.
- The future of the profession/trade/business.
- Any other relevant info
There will be tea/coffee etc available in the Sports Hall throughout the evening.